Hygienist Position Summary:
WIHD is seeking a part time Dental Hygienist to join a dynamic mission driven dental team. The purpose of the Dental Hygienist is to improve oral hygiene and educate regarding the importance of good oral health for the special needs individuals.
The dental hygienist will work at our clinic in Valhalla and on our mobile dental van. Looking for courteous and organized individual who enjoys work as part of a treatment team. Candidates must be interested in working with the special needs population every ideally available Tuesday and Thursdays to work.
- Intra-oral exam and oral cancer screening.
- Taking and developing intra-oral radiographs
- Full mouth cavitron scaling and hand scaling.
- Root planing and scaling; gingival curettage.
- Prophylaxis and Fluoride treatment.
Education, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements:
- Oral cavity and supporting structures and dental hygiene techniques.
- Experience treating special needs patients is preferred.
- Graduate of accredited dental hygiene program.
General personality traits or other attributes needed for job performance: Sensitivity to the needs of the developmentally disabled. Competent in the technical skills needed for dental hygiene. Good communication skills with patients and caregivers.
WIHD values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.